Preparing for CNE
The focus of this workshop is to prepare nurse educators to take the Certified Nurse Educator ® (CNE) examination. Emphasis will be placed on the NLN® CNE Exam test blueprint and include topics such as facilitating learning, scholarship of teaching, curriculum design, quality improvement strategies, assessment, and evaluation methods. Attendees will be provided the opportunity to explore the core competencies necessary to demonstrate excellence in the role of an academic nurse educator.
- Review the eligibility requirements and the test blueprint for the CNE exam
- Explore the role of the academic nurse educator
- Examine a variety of method for assessing learners.
- Explore common theories and active strategies for facilitating student learning and clinical judgment.
- Integrate evaluation strategies into the teaching-learning process
- Identify the steps in the process for curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation
- Examine ways of evaluating course effectiveness and curriculum outcomes
- Discuss the process for engaging in scholarship of teaching